1. I want to have a wake, not a funeral.
2. I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in Washington D.C. Ideally, I would like for them to be separated and spread at the locations of the three branches of our govt (White House, Capitol, Supreme Court). Due to silly terrorism concerns, I promise not to haunt anyone as long as I'm spread somewhere in D.C. Tidal Basin wouldn't be bad. (Yes, I'm that silly of a patriot that I want this. It was purely my own interest that lead to my doing Poli Sci classes at Bama, and I loved it so much that the next thing I knew...I had enough hours to declare it my second major.)
3. Folks like bluevinylangel
who have known me for a while need to contact JD as soon as I die. I have my filing cabinet with memorabilia and you get first look and you can remove some of the items that pertain to you before the cabinet's contents are available for "celebrants" at my wake.
needs to discuss with my dad what vinyl he wants to keep (even though he, too, is currently without a turntable). You can keep 'em for yourself or sell 'em.
5. I want to be wearing my "wedding Converse" when I go. Y'all can do something artsy with the 19 other shoes if you want. Anything to give people a tickle at the wake is appreciated.
, I guarantee that my parents or in-laws have enough space in either of their houses for you and your husband to come down and not incur hotel costs.
7. I have been working on a list of songs for my wake for several years now. Behind the cut is my list as it stands now. I am open to additions but am looking for, at least, 50% of the songs to be mid- to up-tempo. I may add more songs today as life slips from my fingertips. ( Songs for Cory's Wake )